HEAD COACH – Kevin J Smith
Kevin has been a competitive athlete his entire life and has gained experience at all levels of competition including representing Canada at multiple Duathlon World Championships. He attended the University of Waterloo, ranning varsity Cross Country, Track & Field and graduated, in 2005 with a BSc Science and Business. After school, working full time and training full time occupied a lot of time but Kevin started doing a little bit of coaching. It wasn’t until 2008 that he started coaching in Oakville, because some high school runners need a distance running coach in the region. This was the start of what would eventually become Lions Valley Athletics 8 years later where Kevin is the Head Coach and brings his many years of competitive training and experience.
- Athletics Competition Introduction Trained Club Coach – Endurance
- Triathlon Trained Adult & Youth Community Coach
- NCCP # 5651102 Public Transcript on Coach.ca
- Horizontal Jumps Official
- Represented Canada at the 2013 World Games in Cali, Colombia,
- 12 Duathlon World Championships as a Junior/U23/Elite,
- 1 Triathlon Age-Group World Championship.
- Highest Duathlon World Ranking was 45th in 2012.
If you are interested in personalized coaching or one on one workouts please see his personal coaching site: DU Smithy Coaching.